Treballs premiats

Diangose of cranial deformations in babies using an electronic tool

Diangose of cranial deformations in babies using an electronic tool

Detall

Àmbit temàtic: ENGINYERIA I ARQUITECTURA
Edició: Premiats 2013

Àrea coneixement:  Tecnologia Electrònica
Centre: Institut de Lliçà, Lliçà d’Amunt
Autor/s autora/es: Jordi Figols Vilarrasa
Nivell educatiu: 2n Batxillerat
Tutors/es: Adoración Medrano Martín

 

General Objectives:
–    Create a reliable tool able to offer an improvement of the current method.
–    Provide a better way to follow the growth of deformations.
–    Build a simple and handy electronic device.
Secondary objectives:
–    Learn more about programming and robotics.
–    Become aware of how the diagnostic system works.
–    Learn to work with an electronic platform.
–    Become able to do a successful research project.
–    Create a practical method that will really be used.
Personal objectives:
–    Link the careers of my family (mother nurse, father engineer).
–    Do something for the development of the society.
–    Support the research of my region.
–    Practise my English expression to gain ability at making my ideas understood..

Firstly, I did a deep research so as to find out what cranial deformations are, in this research I consulted a lot of data and I talked to a professional.
This allowed me to understand the problem I was facing and to provide a better solution.
Afterwards, I created the electronic tool looking for the best structural design and enhancing my knowledge of electronics. Then, I had to learn to program in order to build up the final program using maths. During my work I encountered some problems in the interaction between electronics and the programming, though I was not able to fully overcome these obstacles I could solve it partially. Finally, I thought about the commercialization of my tool and improved its outcome in the market, after that, I evaluated my work.

Learning about cranial deformations and how to deal with them has enabled me to synthesize the needs of this context in a solution. I have ideated a tool that would improve the diagnose made in primary attention by providing an objective examination. I have achieved success at creating a strong and handy structure, however, the programming and electronics have become a handicap as I have found problems preventing me from achieving the model prototype. Moreover, the toughness of this challenge encouraged me and made me aim for the best outcome. Despite not succeeding completely, I feel I have invested effort and I have got several results, therefore I am satisfied. Eventually, this research project has taught me several things, probably more than I actually expected; I have learnt: to do a deep research, lots of information about cranial deformations, a new programming language, how to do a formal document, that electronics are difficult to deal with, to do digital technical drawing…


Compartiu aquest projecte